LC sent us this list of natural highs. Some of them are great. The list is 45 lines long, so I will include the best ones. Since it's my blog, I will feel free to embelish as I see fit. If you have favorite natural highs of your own, please share them.
1) Falling in love.
2) Laughing so hard your face hurts (and your sides ache, and tears course down your cheeks).
3) A hot shower when you're cold and wet.
4) No lines at the super market (or driver's license place).
5) Getting mail from someone special.
6) Hearing a favorite song on the radio.
7) Lying in bed listening to the rain outside, and not having to get up and go out.
8) Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
9) A chocolate milkshake (or malted. Mmmm).
10) A really stimulating conversation.
11) Finding money in your coat pocket form last winter.
12) Laughing at an inside joke.
13) Accidentally overhearing somebody say something nice about you.
14) Waking up, looking at the clock and realizing you still have a few hours to sleep.
15) The first kiss (the first kiss from a new partner counts, too).
16) Playing with a puppy or a kitten.
17) Sweet dreams (Oh, yeah).
18) Hot chocolate with marshmallows.
19) A road trip with a friend (with really good music, playing loud).
20) Eye contact and a smile shared with a cute stranger.
21) Holding hands.
22) Giving someone a present that you know they'll love.
A few I'd like to add to the list:
23) Going to the movies and having the whole theater to yourself. (I have, and the movie was great, too.)
24) A warm bed to climb into at night.
25) Getting together with someone you really like but haven't seen for a long time.
26) Writing what I think is a really good blog post...even if I'm the only one who thinks so.
Heck, even reading a list like that give me a natural high...
[Image via Anthony's Kite Gallery]